The Squamish Lillooet Regional District will be presenting information regarding the proposed changes to Public Transit Schedules and Fares.
Please attend the Open House to learn more and provide your comments.
The Open House will be held on Monday November 8, 2010 from 4:30pm to 6:30pm in the Ullus Community Complex in Mount Currie.
Did you know…
- The total costs of operating the Pemberton Valley Transit System have doubled in the 5 years since the last fare increase in 2005
- The proportion of total costs covered by fares has dropped from about 30% in 2005 to about 21% in 2010
- The number of trips on both the Commuter service and the Local service are scheduled to increase by 50% commencing November 25, 2010
- Depending on the final pass price to be adopted, the cost/ride for a Commuter going to Whistler round-trip 5x/week using an:
– Adult Monthly Pass: $2.38 – $2.75 or a Student/Senior Pass: $1.63 – $1.88
– Adult Monthly Pass: $2.13 – $2.48 or a Student/Senior Pass: $1.47 – $1.72
– Adult Monthly Pass: $1.90 – $2.20 or a Student/Senior Pass: $1.29 – $1.54
- Depending on the final pass price to be adopted, the cost/ride on the Local service riding round-trip 5x/week using an:
– Adult Monthly Pass: $1.63 – $2.18 or a Student/Senior Pass: $1.25 – $1.50
– Adult Monthly Pass: $1.38 – $1.96 or a Student/Senior Pass: $1.06 – $1.35
– Adult Monthly Pass: $1.30 – $1.74 or a Student/Senior Pass: $1.00 – $1.20
- Monthly Passes (or longer) are eligible for a 15% non-refundable tax credit on your tax return, which may significantly lower your net cost per ride (see: www.transitpass.ca)
- A commuter driving their vehicle to Whistler and back 5 days/week will spend about $2002/year in fuel alone, assuming an average price of $1.10 per litre and an average of 10 litres/100 kms fuel consumption (up to $1,000/year more for many trucks and SUVs)
- That same Commuter will also spend:
– $1829 for insurance;
– $560 for tires; and
– $513 for maintenance
– $2902 Subtotal ($6.05/ride or $12.10/day); plus
– $2002 Fuel ($4.17/ride or $8.34/day); adding up to
– $4904 Total ($10.22/ride or $20.44/day); plus potentially up to
– $4000-$6000 in finance payments; and
– $3000-$6000 depreciation of vehicle net worth
- ALL PASS PRODUCTS AND DISCOUNT TICKETS ARE FULLY TRANSFERABLE* – SHARE YOUR RIDE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
(*Passes and tickets can only be used once per trip)
“Buy a pass and ride the bus – the fare’s fair!”
For more information see www.slrd.bc.ca