The Líl̓wat Nation Public Works Department is seeking two (2) part-time casual worker to assist with the day to day operations of Public Works.
Location: Public Works Yard, Xet’olacw
Status: Summer Student Position (35 hours/week for 8 weeks)
Reporting to: Calvin Jameson, Superintendent, Public Works
Start Date: July 3, 2017
End Date: August 25, 2017
The Líl̓wat Nation Public Works Department is seeking two (2) part-time casual worker to assist with the day to day operations of Public Works. Successful candidates will need to be capable manual, out-door labour under the support, direction and supervision of the Public Works Superindendent. Various duties will be performed including out-door cleaning and debris removal, painting, minor repair work to Band buildings and assets including roads, water and sanitation.
- Carry out the duties assigned by the Public Works Superintendent (or delegated authority).
- Keep track of hours worked and report on duties performed and completed.
- An ability to work with others in the field in a courteous and respectful manner.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Arrive at the Public Works Yard (Xet’olacw) at 8:00 am each morning prepared to work on the duties assigned for that day.
- Report back at the end of the day by 4:00 pm.
- Be reliable, safety conscious and able to work in the field without supervision at times.
- Be responsible for the upkeep and safe handling of any equipment needed to perform duties assigned.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Must be minimal of 16 years of age.
- Preference to be given to Líl̓wat Nation community members
- Must have social insurance number (SIN)
- Valid BC Driver’s License would be a desired asset
- Ability to work independently without supervision at times.
- Ability to fill in daily monitoring reports
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on June 20, 2017 to:
Front Desk, Ullùs, Attn: Public Works Department
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
Phone: (604)894-6115 Email: Ruth.Dick@Lilwat.ca
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted