There has been an increase in bear activity in Xit’olacw.
- PLEASE KEEP ALL LOWER LEVEL WINDOWS AND DOORS LOCKED TO KEEP BEARS OUT OF YOUR HOUSE
- DO NOT LEAVE GARBAGE OUTSIDE
- DO NOT LEAVE FOOD (INCLUDING FISH OR GAME HANGING OR ACCESSIBLE) IN YOUR YARD
- PLEASE REMOVE FRUIT FROM FRUIT TREES
Bears are hungry and are foraging lower in the valley due to the high snow pack. Please do what you can to keep bear attractants away from your home.
If you are having problems with a nuisance bear please call the Conservation Officer Service. Do not call the Tribal police unless you are being physically threatened by a bear.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE CONSERVATION OFFICER SERVICE
To report a conflict with wildlife that threatens public safety call 1-877-952-7277
To report an environmental violation or poaching, call 1-877-952-7277 (RAPP) or or click hear to use our online reporting system
To contact a Conservation Officer, please email: email@example.com and write “Contact” in the email subject line and provide the following information in the email message.
- Your Name
- Your location
- Your contact information
- When you are available
- A brief description of the information you are seeking or the purpose for contacting an officer