Are you interested in the future of Líl̓wat Nation reserve land?
Would you like to learn about the land registration process and land use decisions on reserve land?
We are seeking three new members to join the
Land Management Board.
What is the Land Management Board?
The Land Management Board is standing Board of Líl̓wat Nation Chiefs and Council. The Board is responsible for:
- Reviewing, processing and implementing land registration applications and transactions in accordance with Líl̓wat Land Law;
- Seeking to represent the best interests of Líl̓wat regarding on reserve land use decisions;
- Assisting with mediation of land disputes and striving to minimize land use conflicts;
- Sharing information with the community about on reserve land use issues; and
- Recommending to Chiefs and Council new policies and procedures for on reserve land transactions.
Who can apply to be a member of the Board?
Anyone can apply to be a member of the Board; no experience is necessary! However, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are an eligible voter; and
- You are available to attend meetings on Monday evenings, scheduled approximately every six weeks.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining the Land Management Board, please submit a letter of interest outlining why you would like to be a Board member and confirming that you meet the eligibility requirements above.
Please submit your letter of interest by March 2, 2020 at 4:30pm to:
Líl̓wat Nation Chiefs and Council
Attn: Julia Poetschke, On Reserve Lands Officer
PO Box 602, Mount Currie, BC V0N 2K0