Youth Training Program Opportunity Audio/Video Collection Specialist
Are you interested in learning audio and video skills? Thinking you may want to work in multimedia, audio/video production, or become a photographer/videographer?
We are looking for two (2) youth, between the ages of 18-30 to participate in a virtual training program with our partner, Learning Bird. The selected youth will attend three (3) weeks of training sessions, for 3 hours each week via video conference. They will also be assigned two (2) hands-on projects per week to complete.
The training sessions will cover:
- An orientation to audio/video equipment (camera, mics, voice recorders)
- The basics of video photography (camera controls, shutter speed, composition, ISO, exposure, etc.…)
- The principles of audio and video collection (working from a content plan, preparing for a shoot, lighting, sound, permissions and attributions, collecting b-roll footage, and more)
- Planning and conducting interviews (organizing locations, timing, settings, controlling variables, framing a shot, getting great sound bites, respecting protocols, asking questions or guiding topics, getting great sound bites)
- Preparing and delivering footage (organizing and labelling materials, file formats, creating a delivery package)
- Tools and processes for collaboration
– Attend all sessions and complete all 6 assignments. This means being available during the month of September 2020 at least 2 full days per week.
– Have good communication skills.
– Have a basic understanding of and be able to speak some Ucwalmícwts. This will be helpful for interviews and filming.
– Have reliable access to the Internet and email, as well as be reachable by telephone.
– Be available for occasional contract work between September and December 2020.
Participants who attend this program will be eligible to receive a $500 completion bonus and will be offered occasional audio and video filming work in the community at a daily rate.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please send your resume and cover letter to Rosa Andrew, principal at XCS email@example.com .