Building A Strong Community From The Ground Up
The maintenance and development of the Líl̓wat Nation’s infrastructure are responsibilities shared by the Public Works and Capital Projects departments. The two departments work closely together to create a healthy community with public infrastructure and housing that meets national standards for safety and quality.
Public Works ensures the smooth operation of:
- Water and wastewater facilities
- Safe solid waste disposal
- Maintenance and repair or roadways and community buildings
- Fire and flood protection
Capital Project, working cooperative with Public Works, manages all major capital projects such as the construction of new housing and playing fields. The department manages CMHC housing construction and is in the process of delivering several projects with own source revenues.
Report An Infrastructure Issue
See a problem? Let us know. To report an infrastructure issue, click here. Public Works will ensure that the appropriate person addresses the problem promptly.
Projects On The Horizon
- Construction of a self-contained Elders’ Meeting Place with the potential to provide “assisted-living” space. Completion of the community consultation process and construction of a Ceremonial Fire Pit.
- Ongoing negotiation with AANDC to complete water and wastewater high-priority capital investments.
- Working with our business partners at Creekside to develop self-funding opportunities.
- Continuing to address housing needs.
- Building more multi-family and duplex housing units.
- Developing infill project to round out the Housing Portfolio